Bendigo Community Health Services
With a strong connection to our community and over 45 years of local health experience, Bendigo Community Health Services understands local health issues and responds to our consumers through a range of services and partnerships.
Bendigo Community Health Services is a not-for-profit community organisation funded through various government health programs, community donations and sponsorships.
With over 230 staff and more than 50 programs, Bendigo Community Health Services works closely with our consumers and local organisations to contribute to the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Champion equity and work to make a fundamental change for the disadvantaged.
- Promote healthy lifestyles and preventative practices that lead to improvements in the health and wellness of the community;
- Provide services which enable improved individual and community health and wellbeing;
- Lead and co-ordinate an extensive range of primary and community health services and activities, including those provided in co-operation with other agencies and providers;
- Commit to safety, quality and continuous improvement for all stakeholders.
We are effective in and respected for:
- Client relationships and service responsiveness;
- Commitment to quality services and appropriateness of care;
- Leadership in planning, service provision, governance and consumer advocacy;
- Reputation as an employer, a provider and a partner of choice;
- Contribution to building healthier communities by looking forward and working towards positive change.
Strategic Plan 2019-2024
Bendigo Community Health Services released a new Strategic Direction on November 14, 2019, to guide the organisation through the next five years and ensure our programs and services deliver on their full potential for the community.
The Strategic Plan was developed after six months of consulation with our clients, community, members, Board of Directors, staff and valued partners.
The plan states:
We want: Better health and wellbeing across generations
We exist: To work hand in hand with our community to achieve healthier lives
We strive for:
We are authentic and accountable, and we honour our obligations
We build respectful relationships through trust, empathy and collaboration
We recognise and promote accessible, safe and holistic supports and services as basic rights
Through continuous learning, we ensure an agile, responsive and sustainable service
We create a sense of connectedness, pride and support through enjoying our work and being passionate about making a difference
We are committed to:
- We make sure our services are reliable, safe and easy for you to access
- We deliver fair and inclusive services for you
- We respect and accept you for who you are and what you believe in
- We support you to take control in the decisions and actions affecting your health and wellbeing
- We will make informed decisions by using data and learning from your lived experience
- We create trusted, strong and collaborative relationships with community, stakeholders and government
- We are committed to creating healthy and sustainable environments
Consumer and Community
The change we want to see:
People in our community, especially those most in need, have improved health and wellbeing
How we will do it:
Last updated: December 2019