Help with respiratory management
Being diagnosed with a chronic condition such as asthma can be a frightening experience. For some it may be not having enough information about the disease and its treatment or not knowing where to go for help.
Our respiratory management program provides people with a range of information and support, with the nursing team who have had additional training in respiratory management.
This program helps manage the disease to the optimal level, and to achieve the goals that each individual set for themselves.
This service provides education around:
- Correct use of your medications
- Device technique
- Disease process and of your condition
- Development of strategies focussing on behaviour changes i.e. smoking cessation
- Identifying the barriers to optimum health outcome
- Spirometry testing and interpretation of result.
Entry is via a health professional referral but self-referral may be accepted.