Social Support Group at Elmore (formerly the Planned Activity Group)
Our Social Support Group at Elmore can help you to keep your independence and wellness by being engaged and supported to live in the community.
The group (formerly known as the Planned Activity Group) offers a range of activities such as day trips, music programs, bingo, films, craft and ‘the shed’.
It is open to men and women who are 65 years or over and people who are younger with a disability.
The role of the group is to:
- Promote and maintain independence & wellness
- Provide respite and support to carers
- Provide socialisation
- Provide a close and supportive environment to share the day with others
- Provide activities to promote active aging
- Involve the community in the programs
- Support members to live in their community as independently and autonomously as possible.
Details about the Social Support Group
- The group operates from our Christine Cumming Activity Centre at Elmore (46 Jeffrey Street) each Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30am to 3pm.
- Each session costs $13 with lunch and morning tea or $4.50 without lunch.
- For more information call the group co-ordinator on 5432 6001.
The Social Support Group is supported by the Australian Government Department of Health and the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services. Please visit www.health.gov.au and www.health.vic.gov.au for more information.