This family-based program cares for children from birth to seven years of age with a developmental delay or disability.
We work in partnership with you and your family to deliver the knowledge and skills to support the changing needs of your child and family.
The Early Intervention team promotes child development and learning through stimulation and play.
The program will provide you with information, support and resources, individual programs, group sessions, support to families and children in the transition process to pre-school or school, occupational therapy, early childhood teaching, speech pathology and more.
The learning and development from the program can be provided within the home and community settings.
Some of the areas in which our Early Intervention Program team may assist children and their families are:
- Understanding the child’s strengths and areas of need
- Understanding family strengths and assisting with the gaining of new skills
- Accessing information and resources
- Encouraging the use of play as a valuable use of learning
- Assistance with transition to community settings ie; school, pre-school
- Identifying needs and making appropriate referrals
The Early Childhood Intervention Program is a registered and accredited National Disability Insurance Scheme provider.
How can we help you with NDIS?
If you have your NDIS plan, we will:
- make a time to discuss your plan.
- work together as a team with your family.
- provide early childhood supports/therapy.
- provide services that will achieve the best outcomes.
- allocate a key worker to your family.
- develop a service agreement.
- discuss flexibility and frequency of service.
The services we offer:
- Key worker
- Speech pathologist
- Occupational therapist
- Early childhood educators
- Specialised groups
The Early Intervention Program runs from our Kangaroo Flat site.
Address: 19 Helm Street, Kangaroo Flat
Phone: 5406 1200
Hours: 9am to 5pm.
If you are facing an emergency, call 000.
Last updated: January 2020