The goodwill coming our way in the lead up to Christmas has been overwhelming.
We can't thank enough the organisations and businesses who have supported our clients.
We'd like to share feedback from our staff who have been hand-delivering gifts to families in need for the past few days just to show you and your kind donors what this truly means:
"Over the last couple of days there have been so many families that have burst into tears when I have arrived with gifts, hampers etc. They have also expressed such gratitude form the bottom of their heart. Thank you again for making such a huge difference to the families we work with. It has changed their world."
"I wish to express sincere thanks on behalf of the recipients of toys, Christmas hampers and Share the Dignity bags. I have dropped off quite a lot of things over the last few days and needless to say, there have been many smiles, hugs and statements of appreciation to the kind and generous donors. I appreciate the efforts you have put in to make ensure that many of our families have a happy and joyful festive season."
In the past few weeks we have received these wonderful donations below which have all now been distributed to families for Christmas:
- A great collection of toys from ESE Consulting Pty Ltd donated by staff and their wonderful clients.
- Toys donated by City of Greater Bendigo staff during a special Christmas breakfast.
- Toys and gifts collected by Kennington Dental from their wonderful clients for three families nominated by our staff.
- A collection of toys from Bendigo City Lodge members.
- Coles and Kmart Australia vouchers for families in need to purchase food for Christmas from the Rotary Club of Bendigo.
- Wonderful hand-knitted gifts from the Holy Trinity craft group in Keck Street.
- Toys and hand-made Santa bags from a group of Bendigo women who spend the year collecting and making goodies to bring cheer and goodwill at Christmas. We used the Santa bags to distribute all our gifts to families!
- Beautiful food hampers from the Victory Church in Bendigo.
- Toys and food donations from 3D Physiotherapy and Pilates in Bendigo.
- Christmas goodie bags made by Kalianna students and handed out during our Thursday Soup Kitchen in the Fork In The Road community hub.
Every single donated item has now been distributed to families most in need as identified by our staff who care and support them through the year.
To every business or organisation who have supported us and all their fantastic and generous donors we cannot thank you all enough - you have literally changed lives this Christmas.
Have a happy and safe festive season - you deserve it!
Do you want to donate to BCHS?