Better health and wellbeing across generations.
Working hand in hand with our community to achieve healthier lives.
RESPECT – we build respectful relationships through trust, empathy and collaboration.
INCLUSIVE – we recognise and promote accessible, safe and holistic health care as a basic human right.
INTEGRITY – we are authentic and accountable and we honour our obligations.
INNOVATION – through continuous learning, we ensure an agile, responsive and sustainable service.
Programs for equity
Commitment to achieving equitable health and wellbeing.
- Review existing programs to ensure they are achieving equitable health and social outcomes.
- Use evidence to establish service models and place-based responses either alone or in collaboration with others.
- Strengthen our focus on prevention through expanding our early years and family services programs.
- Align our workforce capability and capacity to our programs.
Consumer and community-centred organisation
Understand and respond to community needs and consumers’ lived experience.
- Increase community awareness of BCHS so that the community knows what we offer and how to access it.
- Establish and use systems to capture and respond to what we hear from consumers and the community.
- Drive consumer-centred practice across all parts of the organisation.
- Successfully transition to consumer-led and contestable funding arrangements, including establishing new business models which are consistent with our mission and support organisational sustainability.
- Look for opportunities to increase the level of health literacy of our community so people are better able to be active in the management of their own health and wellbeing.
Quality, safety and consumer experiences
Deliver the best consumer experience that is of consistent quality, safe and evidence-based.
- Build and use an outcomes framework to improve performance and to report to our community (through the Community Governance Committee) on the outcomes we are achieving.
- Strengthen clinical governance and continuously improve quality and safety culture.
- All programs will have a strong practice framework with staff supported to deliver identified outcomes.
Sustainable for purpose organisation.
- Develop business models which support our mission and ensure organisational sustainability.
- Strengthen financial planning and business systems.
- Develop and implement an ICT Strategy.
- Undertake required infrastructure planning.
- Review and enhance Board governance.