Bendigo Community Health Services values children from all backgrounds.
We are dedicated to making our community a safe, nurturing and welcoming place for children to grow and develop.
We are committed to making sure ALL children reach their individual potential.
• BCHS acknowledges the significant impact of child abuse, violence and trauma on children and commits to acting in the best interests of children at all times, to protect and nurture children into their future.
• BCHS listens to the needs of children, their families and their community and commits to responding to community need to enhance outcomes for children.
• BCHS recognises the importance of stable relationships, connections to others and ongoing support for families, promoting resilience and optimising outcomes for children.
• BCHS is committed to making client and community spaces ‘safe’ for all children, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, culturally diverse children and children of all abilities.
We will do this by:
• supporting families to keep children safe, healthy, happy.
• helping families support children to reach their full potential.
• Effectively advocate for children and being a champion for quality outcomes in child health and wellbeing.
Child Safety Officer
Bendigo Community Health Services has a dedicated Child Safety Officer.
Our Executive Director Peter Richardson presently holds this role within the organisation.
The Child Safety Officer provides a single point of contact for children, parents, staff and volunteers who are seeking advice or support regarding the safety and wellbeing of children associated within BCHS.
Peter will ensure that child safety is prioritised and that any allegations or concerns are recorded and responded to consistently and in line with your organisation’s legal requirements, policies and procedures.
Last updated: September 15, 2020