Bendigo Community Health Services provides services to all sectors of the community regardless of background, where you live, what you look like, what you think or what you believe.
- We support people to access technology, aids, equipment and services that increase and enhance their decision making and independence.
- We support people to develop and maintain their personal, gender, sexual, cultural religious and spiritual identity.
- We provide people with information, in a format that facilitates understanding, to enhance informed decision making and choice.
- Our assessment, planning and actions promote cultural safety and connectedness and respect the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- We maintain appropriate community linkages and collaborate with Aboriginal services to meet the cultural needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- We provide culturally competent services which respect a person’s cultural and linguistically diverse identify.
- We maintain appropriate community linkages and collaborate to meet the cultural, spiritual and language needs of people.
- We use accredited qualified healthcare interpreters as required, to support more effective communication.
Bendigo Community Health Services encourages people of all cultural backgrounds and abilities to pursue a career with our organisation.
Interpreter services: www.interpreter.com.au
More information about our LGBTIQ+ services
Equality Commitment Statement
Bendigo Community Health Services is committed to support our staff to be the best they can be and ensure that all of our services are free from any form of discrimination. To read our full Equality Commitment Statement click here
Acknowledgement of Country
Bendigo Community Health Services acknowledges that we work and live on the country of the Dja Dja Wurrung and Taungurung peoples. We pay our respect to the Traditional Owners of the land and waterways that we are enjoying today. We acknowledge Elders past, present and emerging for they hold the memories, the traditions and aspirations for the future. We celebrate the rich heritage and the continuing culture of the First Peoples of this nation.